UW 360 Season 6: Episode 9
UW 360, hosted by Carolyn Douglas, is a magazine show that features stories about the University of Washington.
In this episode:
– The history of labor and workers in the Northwest is stored in a special collection at the UW Libraries. This fascinating archive is now available to everyone
– A look at the work of UW researcher John Marzluff, aka, “The Crow Whisperer”
– The story of UW alumnus and Marine combat veteran Christopher Brown who founded the “Growing Veterans” sustainable agriculture non-profit that helps veterans adjust to civilian life
– An introduction to the nationally acclaimed UW program dedicated to preparing students to become professional designers for museums
– Meet the UW student known as “Silent Wolf,” one of the best video game players in the world.
James Gregory, professor, Department of History, UW
Michael McCann, professor, Political Science, UW
Conor Casey, labor archivist, Libraries Special Collections – Labor Archives of Washington State, UW
John Marzluff, professor, Environmental and Forest Sciences, UW
Wilson O’Donnell, associate director, Museology, UW
Briana Brenner, graduate student, Museology, UW
Otto “Silent Wolf” Bisno, professional gamer, student, UW
Christopher Brown, UW alumnus, Marine combat veteran, founder of Growing Veterans