UWTV offers its programming for retransmission free of charge upon registration. Just follow these three easy steps:
Step 1: Review our transmission policies
- Maximum and minimum number of hours you can retransmit UWTV
- The maximum is continuously, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The minimum is at least one continuous four-hour block of programming per week.
- Recording and time-shifting of programming
- No recording or time-shifting is allowed. UWTV’s schedule is posted online and in on-screen and printed television guides. Time-shifting would create confusion and would not coordinate with the posted schedules.
- Your station identification
- UWTV requires that the transmitted signal be carried as a whole. It is recommended that station breaks occur before and after the transmitted programming blocks.
- Break-ins for specials or commercials
- Specials: Stations can break into a UWTV programming block for local specials provided the break occurs before a UWTV program begins or after the completion of a program.
- Commercials: UWTV is a noncommercial programming service and prohibits the insertion of commercials within programming blocks.
- Switching to a UWTV block at the correct time while using an automated system
- UWTV uses the GPS clock system, and you can synchronize your system with it to ensure switching at the correct time.
Step 2: UWTV reception area
UWTV is available across North America by satellite downlink on Intelsat Galaxy 18. We recommend a 1.2M or larger dish capable of receiving a Ku-band digital signal from G-18 as well as a DVB-S2/MPEG-4 compliant receiver.
Step 3: Registration form
Registration with UWTV is required so that we can notify you of important changes to our satellite information. To register, fill out and submit the below form.